SPACEDOS is a miniature and lightweight version of AIRDOS02 dosimeter for use on board of manned spacecrafts.
The device is currently being used onboard ISS. The following pictures show the processed data from the flight. Here is a radiation map, where the South Atlantic Anomaly is clearly visible.
The following spectrum is a cumulative sum of the all the measured particles.
- Silicon PIN diode detector with 60 mm³ detection volume
- Measurement environment: atmosphere > 70 kPa
- Measurement endurance: 90 days
- Number of energy channels: 250
- Deposited energy range from: 200 keV to 12 MeV
- Energy measurement resolution: < 50 keV/channel
- Power supply: battery 3.6 V LS 33600
- Data storage media: Standard size SDcard
- Radiation durability: 50mGy - currently limited by the durability of a storage media
- Dimensions(HxWxL): 60mm x 38mm x 111 mm