GEODOS devices are mounted on multiple significant locations around Europe at this moment.
Chernobyl Red Forest
One GEODOS device is installed in Chernobyl Red Forest site.
GEODOS devices are installed on multiple locations in Šumava. For example at Polednik watch tower.
- Detection element: scintillation crystal NaI(Tl), 10 mm in diameter, 20 mm in length; integrated with SiPM detector
- Power source: solar panel
- Backup power source: rechargable 18650 Li-ion cell
- Data memory: SD card
- Record’s content: energy and time of each event
- Record’s periodicity: 10 s (maximal dead time 2 s)
- Time resolution: 20 us
- ADC Conversion time: 104 us
- Dead time: 2 us
- Accuracy of event’s time: 500 ns
- Energy range: 0.3 to 1 MeV (0,2 MeV resolution)
- Open-source HW and SW
- Device status indicator type: LED
- Uniterrupted measurement interval: 365 days minimum
- LoRa connection to IoT network
- Weather resistivity IP 65
Device block diagram
The core of the detector is a scintillation crystal with SiPM detector.
The primary raw data is stored in SDcard memory. The IoT network is used for telemetry data transfer, device monitoring (e.g. temperature, humidity, pressure, battery voltage etc.). We are normally using the TTN, but the device could be configured for use with any IoT LoRa based network. For remote areas, mounting a IoT gateway in radio range of GEODOS instruments could be also a good option.